Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 2: Confession


Okay, I have a confession to make. Because we got out here 12 hours later than anticipated yesterday we weren't able to do our grocery shopping yesterday so, yes, we broke the sabbath day and went shopping today. If you know me very well you know this is something that makes me feel horribly. I hate making anyone work on Sundays, afterall it's one of the ten commandments. We're still on CHI time, so I feel sorry for the people below us because the girls woke up at 5:30am local time...and the hotel breakfast didn't open until 7. Because we weren't able to do the shopping yesterday that meant that we didn't buy Pull-Ups yesterday, we had one left to change Taylor into this morning, but yup you guessed it as soon as we put it on her she pooped, so I sent Daylan rushing to the store while I dumped it out and forced Taylor to put it back on. Anyways, so we went around and got our groceries and then came home and we all crashed for 3 hours...oh it felt so good. We tried In N Out Burger which Daylan hasn't stopped talking about since he was out here a month ago. It was okay for me, but since I can't taste things unless they're an extreme, I didn't get the greatness of it. On the way home Daylan got a call from work and they were freaking out because one of the guys messed up the first computer installed with the new 911 software...so Daylan dropped us off and rushed to the Police Dept to try and fix it so they could get the 20 computers loaded with it by tomorrow morning. The girls are in bed now, watching the Pursuit of Happiness because we don't get Disney or any other channel that shows kid friendly shows in Primetime.
Well I guess it's time for Day 1 to close. Tomorrow we're off to work on our Father's Day surprise for Daylan.

2 comments:

carblemarble said...

Well, all I have to say is that you're traveling and the Lord understands!

I l-o-v-e In-N-Out. Yummy!

I hope you have lots of fun!

Pops Stargell said...

Ok, Tanya. It's been too long since you've posted an entry with pics of those ADORABLE girls! When are you going to hook us up?