Saturday, July 5, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!

What could possibly be more patriotic than having a picnic and watching things blow up in the air? Nothing. Thursday afternoon we journied out to Navy Pier to watch the annual City of Chicago Independence Eve Celebration. We couldn't resist the call of the yummy buffalo chicken sandwich from Charles at the Pier and were able to talk Tom and Andrea into getting food from there as well, while Elijah was tempted he was never fully wooed and settled for his pb&j, which I might add looked VERY good...what can I say, I love the simple things in life! I must also mention that at the old age of 232 years, America is still looking pretty good...I need to find out what her beauty regimen is so I can try it out! :)
Taylor waiting for the festivities to begin.



Paige killing time with the frisbee and dad.




Ellis, she is seriously so dang cute and dainty...the complete opposite of my girls.



Carter, Danny,Taylor, Paige and Ellis.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I just looked at the long list of have and have nots. That's fun to read. I also love the thought of seeing the orchestra once a week. How fun that you live in Chicago. It's good to hear from you and I need to add you address to my blog. I love your pictures